Sunday, July 15, 2007

Birthday Week Officially Begins

















After lunch today we headed to Walgreens to pick up the 245 photos I submitted online last weekend. My husband went in to grab our order while I stayed in the car so we could keep the A/C on. If you read yesterday's post you aren't surprised about that right? So when he comes back he gets in the car, he is grinning and he kisses me and hands me the bag. I opened it to see there was another bag in the bag.... In that bag is a pink sparkly notebook and a box of pink bandaids. He looks at me and says "Happy Birthday Week" while still grinning of course. Isn't he the sweetest...and the funniest? I mean he bought me a box of pink bandaids. He was at Walgreens too for goodness sakes, so I am sure that way narrows down your choices. Yet he still made it sweet and fun. He said he thought I would think they were cool. Which of course, I do. I hurt my finger at the office a few weeks back and I told him I remember telling Mark that I would probably feel better if I could have a pink bandaid.... little did I know they really existed. Darrel said I'd like the notebook because it had "bling" on it (it has sparkly stars) and again, of course he was right. Can you believe he gave me a beginning of birthday week present? Isn't he just the best. Weeks ago I had very jokingly asked him (while we were joking about "birthday week") if he was going to give me something pink every day. He is pretty great. I told him I'd have to tell all the ladies now. See what happens is the women all think its fabulous and want to elect him husband of the year. Then they run and tell their husbands and say things like "why can't you do stuff like that" so then of course all the men want to tell him to knock it off! Ha. Ha.

So, let birthday week officially begin! I was just reading the AOL homepage and they had an article that said something like "Things women over 40 shouldn't wear." I just passed it by not paying attention and then I thought oh wait! I'm over 40 maybe I should read that. I forgot how old I was. Guess I'm not technically over 40 till Thursday but still....

Have a great week! Blessings!

5 comments:

Jane H said...

LOL!!!! I have a feeling there will be a few hubbies wanting to tell him to knock it off! He is being sweet what husband would think of pink bandaids and pink notbook!

Well done!!!!

Have a great B-Day week Dee!

Rebecca said...

What a sweet and thoughful man!!!! You are so lucky!! Happy Birthday week to you!!!!

Michelle said...

How sweet!!!! Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Week Dee. You have a sweet and caring husband!! KEEP HIM close! :-)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday week Dee and you do have an absolutely wonderful husband!!!