Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Busy Week......




















So wow, what a BUSY week it has been. I can't believe I haven't posted since last Monday! So where to start? Well as you can see, the weather is finally cooling down and therefore the trees are finally beginning to turn. This is one beside our garage. LOVE the orange colors. Seems like the trees are a couple of weeks behind at this point. I am hoping they will still turn and we will have lots of gorgeous color! The temps. have finally gotten cooler too and it is beginning to feel like fall. LOVE that too. Love the fall air.

So Monday, Tues. and Wed. I worked and in the evenings we had lots of other house things to do. I got to a mini meltdown point by about Wednesday evening. Do you ever get like that where there is just too much going on and you are tired and overwhelmed and are just done! I was there Wednesday....

Thursday we hit the Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County Indiana. God really blessed us with some decent weather. We did not get rained on once and at one point the forecast was like 80% chance of thunderstorms. We found some cool stuff too. Not sure if it is a trend where you live, or if its just here in the country.... but everyone seems to be having these big stars on their house. I got sucked in too and decided I'd like to have one, and then somehow ended up with two! The large one will go on our garage above the doors, just below the peak. The smaller one I plan on putting on the porch over our glider. Can't wait for Darrel to get them hung up.


















Then in a couple of antique booths I found these.

















The old canning jar came full of vintage buttons. The other old jar with the metal lid, I am going to use for buttons or ribbon or something. Then I found the old utensil tray and plan to use that maybe for pens or ink pads or something. Who knows. I also got yes, another pair of Crocs! I have been wanting a pair of the off road style shown here. There was a booth that had them and I snatched them up! They are wonderful. I know own 7 pairs of Crocs and these are my favorite and most comfortable!

Friday there was work and then my husband's parents came in for a visit and to stay with us for the weekend. Yesterday they wanted to ride over to French Lick Indiana to see a newly renovated hotel called West Baden Springs. It has been closed for years but is now all restored and is very beautiful and elegant. It was built in the early 1900's and it's still quite something to see the beautiful building and grounds. This is the atrium off the lobby.
















This is a shot of the ceiling. Gorgeous!

















So today was church and lunch. Now I think Darrel and his parents are going to play a game. I am hoping to sneak in some scrap time. Still not done with those projects I posted about and now I need to get DT stuff done as well. I got some chipboard letters yesterday to help finish my banner. I also got my DT kits (they are awesome! Go check them out at The Scrapping Spot web site. The November kits are from Sassafrass Lass Indian Summer and Dream Street Tea for Two! Both are great for fall photos!) I also got some of the new MM Noteworthy line very cool!

Finally got to check out the LSS in neaby Jasper called The Doodlebug. Very cool. Need to go back when I have more time. It was so fun when I checked out the girl asked my name for the computer. I told her thinking they would not have me listed because I had never been to their new location. She pulled me up though and then said, "this says you've been published 3 times..." I smiled and said well, 4, but how did you know that?? I mean seriously how did they know that? I told her I just recently had a card in Scrapbooks, Etc. and she pulled out the new issue so I could show her. Very fun. She had no idea how they knew? I need to ask if Lisa told them?

Let's hope for a calmer and quieter week for everyone! Blessings!

3 comments:

Jane H said...

Dee I love your new crocs! I need a new pair I've worn out my one and only pair. Sorry you had a nasty week. It wasn't much better here. But at least I scrapped all day today

Unknown said...

Dee, i love those antique stars you got!! GORGEOUS. I think it was in BHG magazine or CK, (not sure which one), there was an altered one of those featured. It was gorgeous!

Jane H said...

Dee I've tagged you please check out my blog for the rules :)