
I have been hearing the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman on the radio almost every day at work. Love the lyrics of the song and it instantly brought to mind this photo I had of my brother and his little girl dancing. Just could not wait to get the lyrics to the song and the photo together on a layout. Really pleased with how it turned out. Got to play with all kinds of awesome new stuff here. The red border on the left is one of the Fancy Pants Glitter Cuts. Those things are sooo cool! Took my MM felt flowers and ran them thru the Big Kick to emboss them, layered them with some paper flowers and buttons and even added some stitching. Was having way to much fun with the detail on this one. Most of the awesome embellies here came from a recent Studio Calico kit. Love the mix of stuff they put together!! I mean how cute are the Heidi Swapp Cherries and the AC bird? Too cute!
So how has your weekend been? Mine has been pretty good. Yesterday was fairly quiet and today we had great weather. Darrel and I drove over to the camping/rec area that is directly behind our property and took a walk. I took a couple pictures as we were walking. Isn't it pretty? When we used to visit here when I was a little girl we camped there a few times. Since I live right on a highway we have been trying to determine a good place to walk without having to deal with traffic and coal trucks. This may be the answer. Nice place to walk, beautiful scenery and not a lot of traffic. Plus it takes me all of 2 minutes to get there! Ha. When we were walking I noticed a tree ahead and we are like "what is on that tree?" Darrel was the first to realize it was a tulip tree in bloom. Tulip trees are the state tree of Indiana, but in my 6+ years of living here this is the first time I ever saw one in bloom. I now understand why they call it a tulip tree.
Aren't the flowers cool? They are huge and so unique. Here is a closer look:
Isn't it amazing what you can learn in the spring when you actually get out of the house and do some walking. Smile...
Have you seen this? Its an ATB Paper Gator. It will round the corners of several sheets of cardstock at once or go thru chipboard, etc. I would LOVE to have this thing, but at $50 I am not seeing that happening any time soon. Very cool though don't you think? I wonder if Michael's or Hobby Lobby will carry it and then maybe could use a 40% off coupon. That would sure help. Um plus, did you notice.... its PINK.
So what are your plans for the week? I have work of course and it's what we call "newsletter week" which makes for a busy week. The evenings are mostly at home I think. I will probably have my DT kit for The Scrapping Spot arriving tomorrow so will need to get my layouts done for that. Wait till you see the cool Prima stuff coming up for these June Kits! Do not miss out. Great thing about this week though as it ends with Memorial Day Weekend. Really looking forward to hopefully a quiet 3 day weekend at home. Have a great week and don't forget to check back for those June kit layouts coming up! Blessings!
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures and layout!
Post a Comment