
So I have decided that all pictures of me from now on should be taken while I am sucking a thick milkshake through a straw.... it makes your face look thinner....Ha!! Darrel took this last night during date night. We went to that little diner I talked about last month that had the awesome milkshakes, burgers, fries and pie! Here is Darrel with his shake... and yes.. I confess... I took his picture first.

Now how cute is that? You can see the decor of the diner is a bit dated. It also perpetually smells like smoke. There does not seem to be a "no smoking" section and lots of people appear to take advantage of this. I do not like cigarette smoke... yet I want to go eat there. This should tell you something about how yummy that shake is!

OK. Just looked at this picture of Darrel and saw his Dad for a second.... when does it start happening that you look more and more like your parents when you get older? Anyway, as you can see great burgers too and the coleslaw? YUM. Good stuff. We drove an hour to eat here and it was well worth it. The waitress we had was the same as last visit. She is slow but I like her. Why? She always makes too much milkshake for the glass in the metal mixing cup thingy... when that happens, she brings you the metal cup too. I am liking this problem. :)
After dinner we had wanted to hit the drive in, but the 2 that are over that way were both playing movies we weren't interested in. We decided to hit the theatre instead. Movie didn't start till 9:50 PM so we had some time to kill. We looked around in JC Penney for a bit. They had some really cute high heel boot type shoes. However they were $80. I am thinking I will wait for a sale on that one. OK... just checked so I could link for ya and they are on sale. $50 is still a lot... and I already spent my birthday money. They would be cute for fall with jeans or dress pants don't you think? After Penney's we needed a hallmark.. and um Darrel confiscated my shoes before he'd let me go in. I had on my high white wedge heel sandals. Date night sit at dinner and at the movie shoes. They were starting to hurt a smidgen and I had brought a pair of flats just in case so he took my shoes! I told him I was more interested in being cute than comfortable but he didn't seem to see my logic. I told him I was putting the other ones back on for the movie and I did at least win that portion of the argument! I am short people and let me tell you when you go from like a 4" wedge to flats... well you feel like you stepped in a hole. Especially when one's husband is 6'2"!
After Penney's we drove around looking for other places to kill time and spotted a Maurice's. I have never been in Maurices because I didn't think they had anything that would fit me. Well I saw a sign in the window that they had 14-24 too.. so time for a look. Liked Maurices, and found several things to try on pretty quickly. Um after I figured out their sizes... they were labeled like 0,1,2,3... what the heck does that mean? I'm like is that 1x, 2x? Is it supposed to make me feel better or something to say I wear a size 1 or 2 or something? Sorry but that wasn't fooling my head. I asked the girl and she informed me 0 is a 14, 1 is a 16-18, 2 is a 20-22 and so on... OK.. good to know and at least I had grabbed the right sizes for the dressing room. I ended up with 2 cute sleeveless tops (here and here) and a very cute dress which was marked 75% off. It was $9.99! I really like it. Little shorter than I am used to, so hopefully I won't chicken out of wearing it. Darrel says it looks good. All 3 things were in their size 1! That would mean 16-18... now that may not sound so fabulous to you but um for a girl that was in 30-32 2 years ago... I am pretty stinkin thrilled about that!
The movie was in a theatre we hadn't been to before. It seemed new, but I was not impressed. I have gotten used to the stadium type theatre where you enter and go down the hall and come out in front and then have to climb up the stairs to your seat. This one was the old way where you come in at the back and the theatre was tiny! The movie was excellent though! We saw SALT. It was a spy/action/adventure type movie and it was rated PG! Couldn't believe that. There was not one swear word or undressed person. The action and story were excellent and Angelina Jolie was very good! I observed while we were there that apparently we buy movie popcorn just so we have something to do while waiting for the movie to start. Ha! We always like eat it all then and like none during the movie. Perhaps we need to buy it later or get 2 bags! Ha!!
My friend Shawn has completed a layout for the 52 layouts challenge and it is awesome! You can take a look on her blog here. Love it. Also, if you are a sketch lover, Shawn designs sketches and has some awesome ones. Check those out on her blog as well. I worked on my layout today. I am like 1/2 done. Having fun! I will post on Monday and show you a picture of the inspiration outfit as well. Can't wait for challenge #2.
Looking forward to August! We are going to the state fair this week! Yay! Love State Fair day together! Can't wait. We also have a week of vacation and are already making plans for that which will include Holiday World, Patoka Lake Beach, maybe some antiquing, and it should be about time for Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster!!! YUM. You might have surmised we aren't going away for vacation. Not in the budget. At least this way I don't have to pack. I hate packing... ugh..
Well it is now midnight and church is early in the morning! Have to be there at 8:30. Looking forward to a La Caretta lunch and taking a birthday gift to a friend and to our niece! I have a picture to share of one of the gifts but it will have to wait till after she has it.... You know who you are..
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment