
But first, lets finish with week 2 right? Last week our challenge (chosen from 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges by Liz Kartchner) was to create our own paper piecing and that it should reflect us correct? Well I guess I got a bit carried away because um...pretty much my whole layout turned into a paper piecing. Funny thing though is that is the part that makes it like totally me... the over the top thing. Ha! I can never seem to stop or help myself. Ideas started formulating or is it percolating... in my head when I started thinking about what patterned paper I had that I wanted to cut stuff out of it! Well I remembered this Dear Lizzy Paper that has little dresses all over it. OK I totally needed to like hang them on a clothesline. Then I remembered I had taken a photo of my clothesline... and well I was off and running with ideas from there. The ideas were coming so fast I had a whole little sketch on a piece of scratch paper so I would remember that I wanted to cut grass with my Martha Stewart fringe scissors and sew it on, or that I wanted to draw a clothesline pole and how I wanted it to sit in coordination with the picture... Then when I started working on it... well I'm like what can I use to attach my dresses? Could I draw clothespins? Then I thought of stapling them on, but my tiny attacher wouldn't reach that far in on the page right? It was then that I decided what if I staple on the dress where the clothespin would be and then attach the dress with some foam tape? Oh my goodness... that turned out so cute I was beside myself... I drew the clothesline pole with a little help on my perspective from my brilliant husband. Perspective was not my best thing in art class. I think too much patience is required... ha!!! I drew the clouds and then tore them out of the paper and sanded it since its that coredinations cardstock with the white core. I sewed on the clothesline and then even decided to leave my ends on the front by the pole and tie them so it looked like the ends of the clothesline. I used punches for flowers, leaves and butterflies and hand cut a few long pieces of grass. It was all like way too fun..... like using my coloring book and crayons again. OK.. I admit it, I've never stopped using a coloring book and crayons. My secret is out.
Since journaling cut off in the scan, it reads: "When I was little I'd help Mamaw hang the laundry on the line. She always propped up the line with a big stick. Now I live in her house & I do the same thing!" I had written about this and posted this photo in an earlier blog post here.
So week two completed and posted on time, thank you very much. It was looking somewhat doubtful when it was like 9 pm Sunday evening and I hadn't started yet, well except for drawing my clothesline pole! Glad it came together quickly and like I thought it would on my sketch. Shawn and Deb also completed layouts for challenge #2. Shawn's is posted on her blog here. See the Sat Aug. 7th post. I am loving all the circles! Shawn used the latest kit from The Scrapping Spot. Isn't it awesome? Deb's layout is posted here on her facebook page. Love the pink page.. of course and the dimension of her flowers and swirls! Very cool! Thanks so much girls for scrapping with me.
If you missed out on week 2, or week 1, please feel free to jump in at any time as right now we prepare to start week 3!

Our challenge for week 3 is challenge #9 in the book, or page 33. The challenge reads as quoted from the book "Create an itemized list. Are you a list-maker? I love to write down everything from tasks to favorites to dreams. For this challenge, come up with an interesting numbered list, or incorporate an existing list into your layout design or theme." OK.. loving this one. I saw this and immediately a date night picture came to mind and some ideas for a list... Can't wait to get started and nope.. not sharing any more details till the layout is done. Have to keep you in some suspense right? Challenge is due by next Monday, Aug. 16th. If you post your layout please leave me a comment and let me know! I'd love to see it!
Happy Scrapping! Blessings!
2 comments:
Gosh girl you really out did yourself! I have never seen a cuter layout. I am gonna be spending most of my time in awe of your creativity at the scrapbook retreat (which I am getting very excited about by the way) One of the girls at work is going to loan me a blow up mattress so "acamping we shall go!"
My week 3 layout is up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6225090&l=362c84e6cf&id=686829539 is the public link.
Post a Comment