Monday, October 18, 2010

Covered Bridge Date
















I am thinking I would have liked a 3rd day to the weekend this week so I could recover and actually be ready for Monday. Well... OK... I am never ready for Monday. It's like the morning of the week and I am so not a morning person. Have I mentioned that? Yes? I thought so. Well since I did manage to get up and function thru another Monday even after a busy weekend, I wanted to take a moment and give you the scoop!

We had an awesome time at Covered Bridge in Bridgeton Indiana. I've been to Covered Bridge Festival several times, but never to the Bridgeton area. Oh my goodness...what was I waiting for? Bridgeton was awesome! It was like right thru this whole little town which had a beautiful covered bridge and mill right at the edge of town.















Most all of the bridges in the county are old, but this one was built in 2006 due to an arson fire on the original bridge. Isn't that sad? They did a beautiful job of rebuilding!
















Here is a shot of the inside. And then the outside from the side.















So pretty with the water going over the dam and the beautiful fall colors surrounding everything.

Normally we go to Mansfield, but it has a lot of flea market type stuff, "as seen on TV" stuff, socks, sweatshirts, cooking stuff, that kind of thing. Bridgeton was lots of antiques... which I love... gift shop kind of stuff, craft stuff, and some vendors with some of the same kinds of things as Mansfield too. It was a much nicer mix at Bridgeton. We had heard it was smaller, but every time we thought we'd seen everything we'd come across yet another building full of vendors. We spent a good part of the day there. We didn't buy a lot. We got a sign to put on the wall that says "and they lived happily ever after" Awwwwww... I also got a pink pashmina scarf. We had some yummy food including.... an official Chicago Hot Dog!















Well, OK it looked official, but the ones from Chicago still taste better, especially Joe's hot dogs in Joliet! YUM. I miss that place! We also shared this yummy homemade cinnamon roll.















It was really yummy but it could have used some more icing because lets face it... it's all about the icing right? Darrel had some homemade chicken and noodles that he said was quite good. We shared some mini donuts, however the ones I had at Mansfield were better. I was tempted to drive the 5 miles back there just to get some! We walked the whole town which is where we saw this gorgeous tree.















When we finished seeing all we wanted to, we still had some time so we headed to Rockville next. They had some booths and food vendors also, but it seemed a much smaller scale. I believe Rockville is supposed to be the "headquarters" of the county festivals.

I had a hard time picking an outfit for the day. It was supposed to be cooler, but also sunny and could not decide if I'd be too hot or too cold or what! Finally went with the denim jacket and skirt with leggings and a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt. Felt pretty comfy, all though I did need my gloves a little at the beginning... I also got to use my new Vera cross body black purse I showed you the other day. So here I am walking around with my Vera purse feeling like it looks all cute and chic.... only to discover 1/2 way thru the day that I had left the plastic on the snaps on the two outside front pockets. Yep... that is such a good chic kind of look to walk around with plastic on your purse.. Goodness... should have just left the price tag on too huh?! Ha!!!

When we finished up there, we decided to head back to Terre Haute. We stopped at a Chinese Buffet there and had a nice dinner and then spent some time cruising the mall. I think the only thing I bought there was a few things from Bath & Body. They have their new Christmas Hand Sanitizers out so of course I needed a few right?

We got home pretty late, just in time to fall in bed and then jump back up again and head to Bedford to spend the day with Darrel's parents and cousin Sue. We had a nice visit with them, went and visited with some other cousins, stopped at a benefit for a local cemetery and then it was time to head home. We made a quick stop at that little diner with the yummy milkshakes for a bit and then home to bed. Then we had to jump back up EARLY for church since we were on sound and video. Left right from church back to Bedford for lunch with the parents and family and then spent some more time visiting that afternoon. It was good to see them, however I am realizing now I don't think I got a single picture. How did that happen?

As for the 52 layouts challenge... SO GLAD I am on the self imposed Hiatus because there was no scrapping happening around here last week. Life was WAY too busy. I should have some time this week, if the bathroom remodel isn't all consuming, so hopefully by next week we can get back on schedule. I have two to do to catch up so I'll give it my best shot. Please hang in there with me! I don't want to give up and don't plan to.

Tune in tomorrow for 10 on Tuesday. Blessings!

No comments: