
1) So yesterday was the big Covered Bridge day. We had beautiful weather. Last year I had like 9 layers of clothes on and spent the day trying to keep icicles from forming on my nose. This year? I could have gone with the shorts and sleeveless top I considered wearing and been totally fine. We usually stop midday for lunch after we cross over the official covered bridge and this of course is also usually the official time for the all important group photo. Lauryn has her eyes closed... but this is the photo we have so we shall embrace it. Since someone was kind enough to take a group photo for us, I was thinking it would not be too polite to insist that they take 15 of them until we were happy with one! Ha! Besides, on the digi camera display, it can be hard to tell if everyone is looking their best.

2) This is my Mom and sister. I told them they needed to say "I love Deanna" instead of like cheese... I am thinking they don't look happy enough if they really love me.... bwa ha ha ha...

3) This is my niece Lauryn primping after lunch. Just prior to stopping for lunch, we had hit the huge Avon tent and I think she and her sister did their best to clean them out of makeup. I am not sure however if this was new lip gloss or if it made the trip with us. Isn't she cute? I cannot believe she is 15 years old. I didn't get older, how did she grow up so much?

4) Here we have my other niece Lindsay and her Mom Stacy. See they look way happier then Mom and Jen did and I did not tell them to say anything about me.... I didn't realize how much the two of them look alike until I saw this photo.

5) Still trudging along on the weight loss journey. Actually its like being on a treadmill cause I keep going and going and trying and trying and ok... messing up and messing up and its like 1 step forward and 3 steps back..... I plan to lose my mind soon if something doesn't show some serious improvement. So... thinking along the trying not to lose my mind lines... I started the "Special K Challenge" today. It is not a full time all the time kind of thing, but I thought I'd do it as much as I am able for the next week or two (they suggest 2 weeks) and see if it won't give me a jump start.

6) I mentioned the Vera sale the other day right? Well my order arrived yesterday! I can't show you all of it because several items are intended Christmas gifts. However... it was totally no fun to not drop a few things in the cart for myself right? I got a curling iron cover in Raspberry Fizz, this absoultely ADOREABLE little pink frill wristlet in Make Me Blush, and then this cross body nylon bag. I love that bag. I was needing a smaller black purse and this is perfect! The strap has white patent leather trim. Its got great hardware and I love the size! Can't wait to use it. All 3 things were less than 1/2 price and free shipping with the sale.
7) The bathroom remodeling has become all consuming... and camping out in one's own home continues to be an adventure. Would you believe I almost forgot to brush my teeth again today? If my Mom hadn't stayed over after Covered Bridge, and I hadn't heard her brushing her teeth at the kitchen sink.... um I totally would have spaced it for the second time this week. I am beginning to wonder if I can be trusted to leave the house. Darrel is suggesting I make myself a daily check list which will now include the brushing of the teeth as well as all the OCD questions like did I turn off the flat iron..... He said I can just cross them off my list, carry my list with me... and then later when I am obsessing.... I can just check to see if I crossed them off. He says the beauty of this plan is that I get to cross things off a list since he knows how I love that.
8) The bathroom project has now even made laundry more complicated. Um life is complicated enough... I don't need even the laundry to be complex. See now when you are ready to do laundry you have to remember to make the trip across the yard to the spare room to also collect towels and laundry from there. Then later you get to make the trip back... I am thinking just about the time I get good at this, we will have our project completed.
9) I am now sitting here wondering if the special K challenge meant to mention that it was a good idea to eat a few mini reeses before bed? I mean if its not on the plan, I am thinking it should be don't you? However I am pretty sure they left that off for a reason huh?
10) Did I tell you I get to go to Covered Bridge for a 2nd day? yay! Darrel is taking me to some different areas of the festival for our date on Friday! We've never gone just the two of us so I am very excited about this and wishing tomorrow was the day...
Haven't even hit the bed yet and its already feeling like work will come way too early in the morning... so with that I bid you goodnight! Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment