Sunday, November 07, 2010

We're A Little Bit Country...

Yes, we did it. We are now officially a country singing duo. Ha! Kidding. We did sing our first "country" song in church this morning but I doubt we could now be classified as a "country singing duo." I am thinking perhaps my muscle injury meds are beginning to go to my head! One can get a little um shall we say mellow while under the influence of muscle relaxers, pain meds and a nice warm heating pad. I may not be fit for blogging. At the moment perhaps the most I am fit for is a nap....

After we sang this morning, on the spur of the moment, my husband.. yes... my quiet husband, tells me to wait a minute and proceeds to say to the whole church how important it is to have God in your marriage and how important good strong marriages are. Wow. It was awesome. He was emotional and I was ready to cry right along with him. I'll cry right along with anyone.. I seldom need an invitation. It was awesome singing with my husband and awesome hearing him speak like that.

My husband just headed back to church. He is helping out with the youth meeting tonight. The kids don't know it (I don't think) but their lesson tonight is about the persecuted church and is designed to get them thinking about how Christians are being persecuted and martyred in the world even today. My husband is playing a role so to speak, as a "guard" who is going to "punch" and arrest the youth leader for sharing the gospel. Did you know my husband used to be an armed security officer (Lt.) at a nuclear power plant? He has been trained on arresting someone so this could be a good show.

Have you started making your wish list for Santa yet? I am sure you would not be shocked to find out I have.... I am in love with these slippers (in the bright pink of course). Not so much with the price though. Although, if they feel as amazing as my fully lined boots do.... they just might be worth it. Maybe Santa won't mind the price. I've been a good girl. ;) I also have things on my list like Vera B. stuff, Passion perfume, that pink heated throw, clothes!!, and all things pink. :)

Although the pounds have been s l o w coming off.......I discovered yesterday that I've lost a total of 4-1/2 inches since the last time I took my measurements in June. This would explain why I've gone down another size even though the stinkin' scale refuses to cooperate. I've lost a total of 15-3/4 inches since January of last year. I've lost 36.5 inches since I began trying to lose. I really needed to see that because if you get too focused on the scale... which I can certainly do...you can tell yourself lies and stupid stuff like, "why bother to work out, it's not working anyway because I'm not losing." Yep... I've told myself that one. The truth is, even though its not reflected on the scale in the way I'd like, my body is still changing and toning and becoming more healthy. Apparently Zumba is making more of a difference than I thought! Also, when I saw the DR on Thursday, my blood pressure was 122 over 88. I went there immediately after walking 3.5 miles. So I had a good bp reading (for me), right after working out, and this is for a girl that used to take BP meds remember? Both very good things that I needed to see! So glad I took measurements yesterday. It helped my head and heart which were beginning to get very discouraged while having such a hard time reaching that 100 lbs mark. This blog post and this one really speak to me about this whole weight loss journey. Something my DR said has stuck with me too. He said he was concerned about me because he sensed this frustration in me that he hadn't seen before and he suggested to me that maybe I was no longer enjoying the journey and that I needed to go back to that. Wow... I don't know if I had even thought about actually enjoying this journey. His words might have been straight from God because I haven't been able to get them off my mind.

It's about 1 month now until Darrel's work Christmas party. What does this mean? Time to start looking for a dress. I know what I want... now the trick will be to find it. I see a few online possibilities but am thinking I'd like to be able to find something at the mall so I can try things on. Here are a few that are the styles I am thinking... like this one, this one, this one or this one. Definitely want black!

This week will include yet another trip to the Home Depot. We need to get our new tub so Darrel can get to work on the plumbing and we also need to go ahead and get light fixtures, and exhaust fan so he knows what kind of electric we need done. We are going to add several outlets and a light switch as well. There were like NO outlets. Just one in the 100 year old medicine cabinet. It was a closet remember? Who needs outlets in the closet I guess.

Hope your weekend has been good. See you on Tuesday for 10 on Tuesday. Blessings!

No comments: