
On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love and I headed out for date night in the big city. We had a yummy dinner at Logan's and then hit the mall, target, Gordman's and Walmart for some Christmas shopping. We usually only get to go the one time, and I really didn't think we'd make such awesome progress as we did. We got all but 1-2 things on our list, and for those, I took care of them online as soon as we got home. The only shopping I have left to do now is for Darrel! Do you know this means that by the end of this week, it is conceivable that I will have all gifts bought and wrapped? I am liking this plan AND have been quite happy with our gift finds. They seemed to come easily this year and that was a good thing! This is our official Christmas shopping photo! I will use it for my DDA for Dec. 3rd.

While we were at the mall, I determined that apparently I am physically incapable of walking past the clearance shoe racks at Macy's. And see... its a good thing I didn't cause look what came home with me?! The heel is more than 4 inches, and its a platform. The heel and platform are black stacked wood, with the rest of the shoe patent leather. They were $60 marked down to $23! LOVED that deal and was excited to wear them to the Christmas party on Sat. night.

On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love and I had a hot date for the company Christmas party. We had an amazing morning and day together and got to take our time getting ready and getting to the party. We left early so we could spend some time taking pictures that we could use for our yearly Christmas card. The one above is the picture we decided to use. Very happy with it. The photographer? Well that would be my husband. He put the camera on the tripod, set up the pose, set the timer, and managed to get himself in the shot without tripping over the tripod. He is quite talented like that.

Here is a full length shot of me so you can see my dress. Loved the necklace and wrap and how they ended up working well together. Necklace was from Avon. Velvet wrap from Coldwater Creek. I hadn't really worn a "wrap" before and was surprised a) how warm it was and b) how well it stayed on.

Here is a shot of us at the Christmas party. A lady at our table offered to take it for us. She didn't do bad huh? We had a nice appetizer hour with really good meatballs, little quiche, rumaki, veggies, fruit, that kind of stuff. Dinner was a buffet with pork roast, turkey and roast beef and all the fixings. For dessert I had something called chocolate walnut pie. It was yummy! Kind of tasted like pecan pie but with chocolate and well adding chocolate is always a good idea!

This was the banquet room we were in. Isn't it decorated so pretty? When we first got there we were in the line for the regular restaurant and this lady in front of us was talking to her husband. In mid sentence she said "what a beautiful coat." I liked that. Had several compliments on the necklace, and also on the purse. One lady told me my purse would never go out of style and was an investment. See now I like her thinking. :)

After dinner they had a cornhole tournament. Here is my date in mid throw. He did well, but sadly, did not win. The prize was a gift cert. to the restaurant of your choice so that would have been nice!

On the 5th day of Christmas, we had church and my true love had his first solo in church! He sang a song about Joseph and he did AWESOME. I was very proud. I have a video, but will have to wait to share maybe tomorrow. After church we headed out to the favorite La Caretta. We had a very nice lunch there and then home for the afternoon. We pretty much crashed from there on out. Life has been busy! I did spend an hour or so making these Christmas gift tags. I saw some at Target Friday night. They were kraft paper and just a punched scallop shape with an eyelet and ribbon added. I figured I could do that! This is what I came up with. Kinda cute huh? Plus, what a great way to use up like 40 eyelets sitting in my stash forever. Here is a closer view.

So another task I can cross of my Christmas to do list! Yay! Can't wait to tie them on the gifts and see how they look. I am hoping I made an extra to keep in my DDA. Love to keep one of our cards, the tag, and stuff like that in my album.
Time for bed! Hope your weekend has been good. Hope to be back tomorrow for the 6th day of Christmas but I have meetings the next 2 evenings... so time will tell. Until then, blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment