Thursday, December 02, 2010

On The First Day of Christmas
















... Deanna was already behind on her December Daily Album (DDA) because all she managed to do was take a picture and contemplate scrapping it... At least I accomplished something right? :)

For December 1st I am going to journal about having our decorating done, and that we have already purchased our snow globe for this year! We bought it maybe a month ago at Hallmark while on date night in the big city. It's the one just behind the little snowman globe with the black hat base. This year's globe is Peanuts and it has the Peanuts gang dressed up like the nativity and Sally is an angel on the top outside of the globe. It has a little button you press and it plays "Hark The Herald Angels Sing" and sounds just like the Peanuts singing it on Charlie Brown Christmas! I love that!!!! We were sold the minute we heard it.















This...is one of our earliest snow globes. It cost about $1.98 at Eagles grocery store and I think we bought it on grocery night. It has this cute little pudgy angel inside and... see that little knob on the bottom right? That is a pull string. Yep! You pull it out and let go and it makes the snow swirl inside.... very fun and yes, I must play with it every year. It has somehow survived several nieces and nephews yanking on the string.. so I am thinking this one is a keeper. I am remembering however Uncle Darrel repairing said string at least once or twice. As you can see, it is also in need of some fresh water before our little friend becomes un-submerged...... Fortunately, you can add water to this one.















Here is the nativity scene that Darrel brought home from Haiti. Getting it out kind of brought back so many memories and feelings from the week (8 days) he was over there. It kind of put me right back to those first few days he was home with his luggage strewn across the living room, him full of stories from his experiences there, feeling like I wanted to hold him and never let go because the distance was so hard while he was away. I think it was somewhat of a life changing experience for both of us.

A few random things before I go for today....

Was browsing the Amazon Kindle Facebook page and discovered there are several web sites that help you to know about the free Kindle books that are available. So far I have checked out Pixel of Ink, and Daily Cheap Reads. Looks like there are several others too. Apparently I am slow to catch on because I knew nothing of these sites! Very cool. I swear the more Kindle stuff you learn and find, the more you love your Kindle even when you are sure you couldn't possibly love the thing more... and have I mentioned... I love that thing! Been reading my Bible on there lately and have gotten several free Christmas Kindle books over the past few days... very fun!

My Tivo picked up a scrapbook show I had never heard of before. It was on PBS and was from Spotted Canary.com? Has anyone heard of this? I liked the show and had to check out their web site. Looks like they have all kinds of crafty stuff. They reminded me that I own tons of markers and yet I rarely use them... I could be doing all this fun doodly kind of stuff and cool writing. I used to do that all the time. How is it that I rarely even think of my markers and pens any more? Must correct this immediately. I am the girl that needs all of the BIG boxes of crayons remember? I feel the same way about pretty markers and pens.

Martha Stewart was making different kinds of Brittle this morning. It reminded me that I used to make her peanut brittle recipe every year. It is the best recipe! I pulled it out of her magazine years ago. Not sure why I got away from this but wondering if we need some again this year. She also made cashew brittle. It had cayenne pepper in it though.. I am wondering if I can make the peanut brittle recipe I like and just put in cashews instead. Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

While I was on Martha's site.. I spotted these Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Wow.. those look yum.. might need to add those to the baking list! Oh my look at these Toffee Millionaires... What like a million calories in those? Lots of cookie recipes here too...

Goodnight for now. Tune in tomorrow for Thankful Thursday and the 2nd day of Christmas! Blessings!

No comments: