Sunday, May 30, 2010

Quite Possibly THE cutest Shoes EVER....
















Check out the shoes. I believe I just mentioned these are quite possibly THE cutest most fabulous shoes ever. I love them. I spotted them on a TV commercial for JC Penney... I even backed up the DVR just so I could check them out again and get the name of them so I could look them up! Here they are on their web site...I did not want to order them online and pay shipping. Plus... with heels like this the size varies for me because my foot tends to run wide. So.. figured I should try them on. On day off #2 we decided to head to the big city for date night. I figured this would include a trip to the mall and um if... when... it did.. I was checking out the shoes.

First thing we did in town was head to Logans again. We enjoyed dinner so much last week.. we wanted a repeat. Dinner was excellent once again and such a bargain! We had the onion petals again, I had chicken and Darrel head steak and then once again the fabulous brownie dessert. It was SO good. We were amazed however when the people across the aisle from us refused their dessert. They had ordered the 3 course dinner thingy which includes dessert and then didn't want it. Not even to go..... WHY would someone do this? They paid for it. Darrel was like.. give it to us!

We made a quick stop after that at Joanns because I am looking for some long, like extra long eyelets. I have an idea of how I can attach my phone charm to my new phone case but I am in need of some long eyelets... No luck there but I think I have found some online. After that we headed to the mall. I found the shoes quickly and yay.. they had my size. When I sat down to try them on... I thought I was sunk because um my foot would hardly go in. Well its hot out, its humid, I already had on heels.... foot was a little swollen and would not slide. I grabbed one of their little "socks"' they have available and viola! Problem solved. Because they are leather, just being in them a few minutes and they fit better and better. Was soooo happy about that. Definitely was taking them home with me... but um why were they $34.99 in the store and $29.99 online? I pulled up their web site on my phone and showed the clerk. He pulled up the web site on his register/computer and it was showing the higher price. I'm like well.. I just pulled up the Internet too and it says the lower price. I just kind of stood there quietly, he basically had a conversation with himself and talked himself into giving the better price to me... Ha! Very happy about that! Have worn them at home here some to get them stretched out better and yes.. I must confess... so I can look at my foot and smile. I thought the height would be so hard to walk in but surprisingly, the platform part makes a big difference. They feel very stable and so far, pretty comfy!

We also stopped in Bath & Body and I had a small argument with them too... See I had a coupon that said make a $10 purchase and get a free body care item up to a $13 value. I bought one of the summer vanillas shower gels and wanted the spray free. When it rung up they charged me for the $13 item and then gave the $10 item free. Um wrong... the coupon did NOT say must pay for the more expensive item. It said, just spend $10 and you get $13 free.... remember. She told me well that was how their register does it. I'm like I understand that BUT your coupon says..... I was nice. I was not rude... I was not mean... I was firm however and she gave in and gave me my $2.14 back... So see... arguing with 2 clerks... even nicely.. saved me like $7!

Old Navy had all their clearance stuff 1/2 off the lowest price! I got 2 t-shirts for less than $6 total! I love Old Navy... have I mentioned that? Their stuff is sooooo comfy and so stinkin cheap! We also spent some time looking for a phone case for Darrel. Our new Droid phones cannot be in a magnetic case. Um practically alllll cell phone holster, clip on type cases have a magnet. The magnet however "wakes" the droid which means it keeps turning it on and therefore drains your battery. So far we have found only 2 options thru Verizon.. neither is beautiful. We are currently wondering if we can convert his current case (which is a very nice one from Levenger) from magnetic to Velcro... we just don't want to end up ruining it in the process...

It was an awesome date night... it has kind of carried over right into the whole day together today. Love that. We got to sleep in this morning, Darrel made us some yummy waffles for brunch and then... it was time to head to the beach! And here we have for you a picture of me in my swim suit.... Ready?















Ha! Remember last year I told you this was the most picture of me in a swim suit you will ever see. Just didn't want to disappoint you this year. The beach was awesome today! Awesome. There was a pretty good crowd! I was surprised. We got there like 1:30 and spent all the way till 5:30 and remarkably neither of us seemed to have gotten burned. Yay us! Here is my cute beach date...















I told you he was cute... We had a perfect, peaceful, relaxing day. We both did some reading, some napping and some hugging in the lake! That last part was the best. I quickly was reminded how much I love the game of marco. polo. marco. polo..... Who came up with this? They need to be dealt with. Just sayin...

So now... we are thinking we are heading to church tomorrow. It's a hard decision for me. I work at our church. Would you go to work in the middle of your vacation time? No? But I hate missing church and want to go.. I am just usually not able to walk in the building without also being at work. We are currently trying to make up our mind... and of course asking God about it. In any event.. that means heading for bed. Hope your holiday weekend is blessed!

No comments: