Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ten On Tuesday...complete with pictures..
















1) My husband stopped to run some errands after work and look what he brought home for me. Pink Gerber Daises I believe? Aren't they pretty and isn't he the sweetest? Should I admit that I walked away from him annoyed about something like 2 minutes before I saw these? Does he like have radar on me or something to know when I am going to act stupid so then he can be nice so then I can feel like 2" tall? I know... I don't come off very good in this story... but I can admit I can be a pain in the rear sometimes... and my husband is loving enough to show me grace and be kind to me anyway. I just love him.















2) In the home Darrel grew up in, his parents had a strawberry patch in their backyard. Our first summer together when we were dating, I can remember him sitting on a bucket in the middle of it (the strawberry patch) picking..... and um eating.... perfect fresh yummy strawberries. I thought of this today seeing the look on his face when he bit into one of these fresh strawberries he picked up in town today. He was right too because oh man... these are SO good.















3) Now... if I were a true Koontz.. or Johnson rather... that would be Darrel's Mom's family... well then I would have gotten home from work and quickly whipped up Mamaw's One Egg Cake. Well apparently I flunk at being a Johnson today because instead I went and walked 4 miles. That is a good thing right? But it doesn't help you when you want something to slide under your strawberries now does it? So.... we settled for 2, 100 calorie packs of Twinkies... Bwa ha ha ha!!! How funny is that? Hey it's what I had on hand and LOOK... it works pretty great.















4) Here is the complete 100 cal pack Twinkies creation. Not only was it yummy... its pretty right? I don't think I've mentioned it before but I have a thing for antique dishes. I have a hutch full that we've collected during the course of our marriage. The most complete set I have is blue bubble glass. These just happen to be berry bowls appropriately filled with what else? Berries. Mine is the one on the right. I was trying to be a good girl and not over do it. My husband on the other hand drowned his little Twinkies in strawberries. I think he grinned the whole time he was eating it too!















5) Did I mention that I got a new computer at work? Well check it out! I am in love with this computer! It has windows7 which I am finding out is pretty awesome AND look at the size of this screen! Our weekly bulletin is 11x17 size and for the first time... look! The whole layout fits on my screen in a readable size! I love this. It was also so amazing working on our Powerpoint presentation last week. I was able to open my slide presentation right along side of Pastor Mark's sermon outline and copy and paste side by side. SO much easier than jumping back and forth between screens. Love it...





















6) Remember this plant Darrel gave me during Valentines month? Well look! Proof that I am not completely hopeless at ever having a green thumb. Not only is it still alive, it also has all this new stuff sprouting up. Cool huh? I am thinking though I should probably give credit to my friend Twila and my husband... they both seem to speak kindly too it and give it a little drink when apparently I have forgotten....















7) Keeping up with my new devotion to having cute feet... check out my $9 Avon sandals. OK.. maybe they were $10. At first I wasn't sure if I liked them, or if they were too big. Then I wore them around the house last week and they were pretty comfy! Today they ventured out of the house with me and went to work. I was thinking they looked pretty cute with fancy toes and cute ankle bracelets and lets not forget the all important toe rings... I think I have seriously gone over the edge here with the fancy feet thing ..... we will just say its a girl thing.

8) You have to check out some of the recipes on this blog. I can't remember who linked it on their blog.... Nora maybe? I mean do those brownies look yummy or what? I like her writing style too. She reminds me of the Pioneer Woman. I also need to try the Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars the Peanut Butter Brownies and I know Darrel would like these Cheesecake Cookies and the Blueberry Bread.

9) Is it a bad thing that I am the church Secretary or administrator if you will and that while on a phone call for the church with the quickbooks people.. I wanted to crawl thru the phone and choke a guy today? Because of my new computer I had to transfer programs and files from my old one of course. This caused me to have to re-register quickbooks. I had to call to do this. NOT happy about that. While on the phone with the man who could not speak English very well.... he continued to tell me to wait because they were having technical issues....GRRRR and then when he asked me how many licenses we had and I answered the question wrong.... he then acted like he caught me in a lie! I DO NOT LIE people... I told him I could not remember and wasn't sure at the same time that I answered the question. I said we had five... we had 3... So then he kept asking why we were installing it on 2 more computers and treating me like a QB's criminal....... GRRRRR I told him (for the 9th time....) I was not installing it on 2 more computers but he had already decided I was a liar.... Once I had a minute to look up the info. I found we purchased 3 licenses for 3 users which is exactly the right number. The software is on 4 computers, 2 desktop pcs and 2 portables which is also completely covered under the 3 user license. How do I know this? The QB's people were the ones who advised me what license we needed to buy..... I wanted to call him back and chew him out. Instead I waited the rest of the afternoon to see if the QB police were going to show up and arrest me.....

10) I did Zumba again yesterday. I was surprised at how much better I did on only my second try. I have also decided that so far my favorite steps are the salsa ones and the Cuban salsa... perhaps I am secretly related to Ricky Ricardo? I told Darrel and he said he wasn't surprsied beause I like Salsa. I said um to dance or to eat? Cause I am thinking the eating thing would not help me out here. Bwa ha ha ha...

Hope you are having a good week. Blessings!

No comments: