I know... I promised. I said even though I ordered four outfits to try on, hoping to like one for the Christmas party, I would only keep one. OK... so maybe I changed my mind. Finally after church today I decided to take a few minutes and open my packages and try on the dresses (and one sweater/skirt) that I ordered. For some reason that makes sense in my head.... I tried them on in the order I received and ordered them! ha!!
First it was the royal blue dress that was cut similar to last year's dress. I liked it OK but.... didn't love a few spots it was emphasizing rather than hiding and it was a little big. Was able to take it on/off without unzipping it!
Next I tried the sweater, blouse, skirt combo you see in the picture there. LOVED this. The skirt is great! Nice straight, lined, lightweight, but structured skirt. It looked very cute with my new shoes too. Plus for my short self, it is actually the perfect length... thinking it would be a mini for a tall girl! Hits me right at the knee. Loved this outfit, but was hoping I'd like the gray/black ruffle dress. So that was the next try on. It fit perfectly and I love it and Darrel was grinning at me like he liked it so I took this as a good sign. I liked this one when I saw it online, but then later thought... I hope all those ruffles don't make it look like a mu mu... ha! It was going to need to have some shape to it. Well again the length was great, and it does have a nice shape to it and it hides all the right things! ha! It was quickly settled that this would be the Christmas party dress.
I had also ordered this one. I liked the color and a wrap look, is usually good on me. Plus.. did you notice the price? Well wouldn't you know it fit too and I liked it! When does that happen that you try on 4 things and like at least 3 of them? I am tempted to keep that one for my Easter dress in the spring. It's a really pretty teal/blue kind of color and it feels nice on. But... I am trying to be a good girl here... so currently I am discussing with my husband if I can keep the 2 in the picture. I would get tons of wear/use out of the black skirt and the blouse would be good under lots of things too... its actually like a cami/tank rather than a "blouse." The sweater is a nice fine gauge knit and the collar is removable...so also.. very versatile right? Do I have you convinced? I'm convinced... :)
I would have thought it would be a horrible day to try on clothes? Why? Because I had one of those mornings getting ready for church today. You know those mornings right when NOTHING you put on looks like you want it to or feels like you want it too.... I think I was on outfit/combo #7 before we finally left the house and of course by that time then I'm hot and sweaty and annoyed and feeling quite ugly.... Hate that... Don't know what the deal was today other than maybe just still not feeling fabulous. Perhaps my mood was to blame hmmm? Nah.. couldn't be.
Church was good and really enjoyed Sunday School again. This Prisciall Shirer study we are doing is good stuff. I really like her teaching style and all that I am learning. I talked to the teacher after class and was asking if we were going to keep going with a second study when this one is done. I told her I am even willing to help teach or whatever. Sounds like she was on the same wave length so I am excited about that!
We had lunch at our favorite place... and then home for the fashion show. I spent the rest of the afternoon in my chair trying to feel better... still not 100% here and still having Gallbladder issues too. Getting kind of sick and tired of being sick and tired. Darrel spent the afternoon working on some Christmas gift projects. While I was in my chair I looked for a necklace to go with my dress... I am liking this one. And I watched yet another Christmas movie (The Santa Clause). Why am I in such a Christmas mood so early this year? Been wanting to watch Elf lately. I love the version of Baby It's Cold Outside in that movie.
Time for some pizza and The Amazing Race! Hope you've had an awesome Sunday. Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment