1) Yes.. finally here it is... the full reveal of my layout. I had SO much fun with this one. I used real leaves from the yard as a mask and then misted over them with glimmer mist to create the background on the Kraft cardstock. The banner is twine and Washi Tape because I saw one like it on 2 Peas In A Bucket. The leaves are stamped with Tim Holtz stamps. I used ink daubers to mix my colors on the stamp, stamped on watercolor paper, and then cut them out. My drawn leaf is in there too. The leaves came out kinda cool right?
2) Before starting this post I sat and debated... go to bed? Go ahead and write a quick post? Go to bed? I guess you can see what idea won out since here we are. It's been a long couple of days and I am tired. One more day of work... but I think I can make it.
3) To prove how abnormal I am functioning... here is how my day started. I was out of bed EARLY... like before 6:30 AM. Me. Yep... honest. I then proceeded to clean the bathroom, fold a basket of laundry, put away some other laundry, straightened up the kitchen, and did a few dishes. Me. The non morning person. I didn't have a fever or anything. Amazing huh? Oh... I also even managed to make myself an egg & English muffin sandwich for breakfast. I know... you are thinking pigs must be flying right by your window about now right?
4) Got myself to work and did about 102 things so that I can be off on Thursday and Friday. Completed the weekly bulletin, set up a display table for the Advent devotionals, worked on the monthly newsletter, among other things. And then... to complete my day... I packed the work up and brought it home with me.
5) As I was trying to not go round the bend stress related insanity wise.... I was listening to Christmas music on Pandora radio. I have my station entitled "Santa Baby" that I am enjoying listening too. Are you remembering from last year's little known Christmas trivia about Deanna that Santa Baby is my favorite Christmas song? Well since that song is from the days of the "crooners" like Nat King Cole, Sinatra, etc. that is the mix Pandora is playing for me. Good... Until a song called "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" came on. Now how have I lived 45 years on this earth without getting to hear this song?
6) Listening to the hippopotamus song brought me to a few conclusions.... One, it is not a good idea to post on Facebook about the hippopotamus song because one quickly realizes she is not intelligent enough to spell hippopotamus without looking it up.... And Two... why would one want a hippopotamus for Christmas? As I also mentioned on Facebook, I am thinking a nice pair of Jessica Simpson shoes would be a much nicer gift. Easier to spell too. Bwa ha ha ha ha....
7) The highlight of my day... soup. Yep. Did you know Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar soup is sold in little microwave containers at Target? This was quite a happy discovery on date night and today was happy to find out its yummy. Definitely stocking up on that next time we head to the big city!
8) Have you ever noticed how the frozen Thanksgiving turkey people like to tell you that your turkey will thaw in your fridge over a period of say oh.. 2-3 days? Did you also know they lie? I always give it extra days because I know they lie.... or at the very least are very confused about their product. My 15 lb turkey has been out of the freezer and in the fridge since Saturday. That was what.. 4 days ago? It is still much more boulder like than turkey like. I am thinking tomorrow it will be taking a dip in some cold water in the sink.....
9) Did we talk about date night? Why does that seem like about a month ago? Let's see... if memory serves we headed to the big city. We ate dinner at B Dubbs... which we only recently learned was the "cool" name for Buffalo Wild Wings. I was craving their pretzels. Love those with queso. We of course also had us some wings, fries and rings, and a little chips and salsa. We did not leave hungry and brought like 2 containers home with us. Very yummy though. We hit Michael's so I could get a Martha Himalayan Snowflake Punch and then we headed to the mall. We got Darrel a black dress shirt for the Christmas party and then found a satiny silver tie to go with it. Can I just say Hubba Hubba about my husband? Wait till you see him. :) We also did a little Christmas shopping. We hit Orange Leaf and headed home!
10) After date night... late Friday night... I was still coughing some and decided I should take some cough medicine before bed. It was late. Very late. I was tired. Darrel was already sound asleep. The cough med. was in the bathroom but no spoon or dose cup. So I figure I'll just take a quick swig out of the bottle and that will be the same right? It tasted like about a teaspoon like the directions say to take. Well.... about 1.5 hours later, I woke up to Darrel yelling my name, trying to wake me up as I was sitting up in bed screaming at the top of my lungs. To make it worse, the nightmare I was having was with me, at home, in our room, at night, in my bed, Darrel was there.... so I was having a horrible time trying to figure out what the heck was real and what was the dream. Darrel finally got me awake and calmed down... sort of. As I am laying all tangled around him because I was still scared to death and trying to breath and stop crying and feeling so upset, I start falling asleep again but now I'm seeing like colors like a kaleidoscope falling.... um... do you think perhaps any of this had to do with perhaps me taking a little too much cough syrup? Did I mention these cough meds were from the DR and they contain codeine? The moral of this story? Never take a swig out of the medicine bottle thinking , aww the teaspoon they say to take isn't much. A little extra won't hurt me. Um no.... perhaps I should have thought um Deanna, it must be strong enough that you only need a teaspoon... I am also thinking decision making is not my best thing when its late, and I'm tired and sick. Darrel made me promise to never do that again or else he is hiding all the medicine from me. I am thinking his awakening that night wasn't so pleasant.
With that I bid you goodnight! If I don't get back here before Thursday... Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment