Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ten On Tuesday

1) So do you notice anything new?  Yes... I have completely gone over to the pink side.  ha!  I now have a pink streak in my hair.  See.... Sunday, in Sunday School a friend had a pink streak and some bling strands in her hair.  VERY cute... but I only caught about 1/2 the details of where/why she got them and then it was time for class.  Fast Forward to Monday.  I had lunch with my friend Ashly and she had a pink feather strand in her hair.  Got it from the same place!  A local salon is offering pink feathers, bling strands and hair extensions for breast cancer awareness month with proceeds going to the local hospital breast cancer center.  Cool idea right?  Well now that both Ashly and Brandy had cool pink stuff in their hair I just could not be left out... so on my way back from lunch I made a quick 15 min detour. I was driving right by the place... how could I not stop? 

2) The pink streak is a hair extension and is glued in and so far seems pretty secure.  The bling stands?  Um they came out just a few hours later when I washed my hair.  I was told you could wash, style, etc. like normal.  I was also told they should stay in a week or two.  Not like 4 hours.... She said to come back and she'd do them again if that happened.  Was going to head back over there today but then I looked up bling strands on google and found a youtube video on how to tie them.  Doesn't look so hard right?  Why drive 1/2 hour (round trip) out of my way?  Did I put them back in myself?  No.  My husband did it.  See.... I told you he can do anything.  He even ties pretty pink sparkly strands in his wife's hair.  He is good. 

3)  Here she is!  The new stove.  LOVE it and so happy it is finally here!  It was quite the adventure on Friday.  They told us they would call the night before and give us a 2 hour window for delivery.  That turned out to be 1:45-3:45.  So I had to go to work like 2-3 hours early so I could leave early to be home by 1:45.  Just before I walked out the door they call to confirm delivery and then say oh, and we might be 1/2 hour early, that's OK right?  I said NO.  You told us 1:45.  I arranged my work schedule around that.  I will meet you here at 1:45!  He seemed shocked that I have a job and can't just be home in the middle of the day whenever he wanted me to.. DUH.  So I rush around and get my work done.  I did manage to get home just after 1:00 and based on the morning conversation, figured it would be right around 1:45.  WRONG.  They did not show up till 4:30.  The only good thing about this?  Darrel was home by that time and he got to deal with them. 

4) If you were delivering a stove to a house that has a big hill up their driveway wouldn't you like back up your truck as close to the door as possible?  Or is that just us?  First they get to our house and decide to back in our driveway.  NOT a good idea.  We live on a highway, and a hill, and big semi coal trucks go by.  They can't see you till they top the hill and would NOT have time to stop if you are hanging out the driveway.  I thought they were going to get flattened!  Once they managed to get in the driveway alive.... they stop at the bottom.  They lay a dolly on the ground.  They take the stove out of the truck.  They put a strap under the stove and around 2 of the guys and then proceed to carry the stove all the way up to the house, the steepest way possible.  Why would you not at the very least use the nice dolly that you had right there?  Better yet, why not pull all the way in the driveway. Perhaps they wanted a challenge at the end of their day?  A better workout?  Beats me.  Was just glad to finally have a stove in the house in 1 piece. 

5)  Can I brag on my husband a minute?  Look away if you must.... He is awesome!  He reinstalled a gas line that we took out 10 years ago and when he tested it for leaks... not one leak.  He installed a new 110 electrical outlet behind the stove because the new one needs 110.  Old one had a 220 outlet.  He went thru every step in the oven set up book... yes girls he even reads instructions.....ha!  He leveled it. He put in the floor brace bracket.  He tested all the burners and the oven, and broiler flame.  He did it all and you know what?  I trusted him and his work way more than I would have trusted the 3 guys who didn't even seem to realize they didn't need to carry a stove up a big ol' hill! ha!  Maybe he could free lance for sears now as a stove set up consultant?  ha! 
6) Scrap goal #1 completed.  FINALLY I am unpacked from the Doodlebug Retreat that Lisa and I attended like Sept. what was it 17th? I think.  Only took me practically a month to unpack.  Maybe that has something to do with the hating of the unpacking?  So here is my room, everything put away.  Nice and neat.  Ready for some scrapping.  I even found a place for and put away my new supplies from my trip to M's and HL a couple weeks ago.  So now... no more excuses.  Let the scrapping commence! 

7) Yes it is that time of year for the Covered Bridge Festival!  Darrel and I thought we would be attending this week, but it turns out with his work schedule next week will be better.  Love Covered Bridge.  Hoping that the weather will still be nice next week.  You never know with Covered Bridge... last year we were in short sleeves, no coats needed.  Other years we needed our long johns, scarves and gloves and still froze.  I'd be happy with somewhere in between!  We had such a good day, both dayslast year!  I cannot wait!  We hope to cover at least Bridgeton and Mansfield this year.  Probably a tall order for one day, so we shall see. 

8) Still working on the whole I wanna be a runner thing.  I have been getting in a smidgen over 2 miles with maybe.... maybe.... 1/2 of it running.  Probably more like 1/3.  And definitely not all at once.  I walk and get warmed up and then run as far as I can.  Then when I am about to pass out and my legs are incredibly tired and I need to catch my breath... I go back to walking.  Then we repeat this process.  I am not sure but the most I am probably running in 1 shot right now is like 1/10th of a mile.  I am praying and asking God to help me see and believe that I really can be actually running the whole 2 miles some day if I keep trying.  I keep saying... I couldn't even walk 1/10th of a mile without needing a break 3 years ago.... so anything is possible!

9) I neglected to mention... on #6 above there... I would like to request extra brownie points for completing the unpacking this evening.  Why?  because I think when one completes a task that is like their least favorite thing all while totally having PMS.... then one should receive extra credit for that?  Am I right ladies?  Cause trust me... sitting in my chair with the heating pad sounded like a much better plan. 

10)  Almost forgot!  Have you seen this technique for making cool twine flowers?  I love that look.  Must try that on the next layout... since of course now I am ready for scrapping! 

Hope your week is good!  Tomorrow is work... groceries... and need to work on my Sunday School lesson since I was drafted as teacher for this week.  I am thinking in that case it would be good to be prepared huh?  Blessings!

No comments: