
Been wanting to post all day and tell you all about the crop retreat. It was AWESOME. Lori and I had a great time!! And yes... I managed to complete my challenge layout as well as a few others! We also made a very cool Christmas planner book. I want to tell you all about it and show you my other layouts but time has been scarce today and so I just need to do a quick post for now and fill you in on the rest tomorrow.
Week 8 challenge was about favorites and I decided to do a layout listing some of my favorite things right now, using a favorite photo of myself... wow what a concept... that Darrel took. Had some fun with my latest Noel Mignon kit which had some of the new Sassafrass Lass Indie Girl line which you will see used here. LOVE the banner stickers. However I wanted to "hang" my banner, not just stick it down so I adhered the stickers to cardstock, cut it out, and then sewed the little flags together to make the banner in the upper right corner. Also had fun adding some of the border strips that are always found at the bottom edge of the SL papers. LOVE how they do that. The flowers by the heart on the lower left are Bo Bunny like ruffle ribbon roses that I bought at the crop. Very cool, but when scanning them, they end up looking kind of squishy! Ha! Really enjoyed doing this layout and having something new to add to my "about me" album. I think all scrappers need to remember to include themselves in their albums and layouts!

For week 9, I am going to pick challenge #7 from the book (52 More Scrapbooking Challenges), page 28. The challenge reads: "Celebrate the number seven. Lots of people consider seven to be a lucky number. I don't know about that, but I do believe that odd numbers work well in design. For this challenge, then, why not try using seven of something on a page? Or go "all in" and use seven of everything on your layout. Have fun!"
If you are scrapping with me, please post and leave me a comment so I can see your work. Please stop by tomorrow for 10 on Tuesday. I plan to show you more layouts and pics from the crop! Blessings!
1 comment:
I'm still with you! For some reason my digital layouts are coming together easier than a normal layout. Here is the latest one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6634945&l=8d5a98ee13&id=686829539
Post a Comment