
That's allowed on vacation right? Being a day behind? Well today is Saturday technically since its 2:05 AM.... so I guess actually I am 2 days behind! Ha! We have been in Indianapolis all day and just home for about 2 hours. I have tons to tell you. We had an awesome date day and did lots of stuff like the Indy Zoo and some shopping and a great meal.... But like I said it's late people so that will have to wait till tomorrow when I can take some time to show you some pics and tell you about all the fun we had... including the sweet, awesome romantic gift from my husband. He is pretty amazing. Have I mentioned that before?
Yesterday, Thursday, we mostly spent a quiet day at home. We slept in and went walking and got in 4.1 miles. It was later in the day so after coming home and cleaning up from that, we decided.... well OK... I decided I was having LaCarretta withdrawal. So we loaded up in the car, just went comfy and relaxed which means for me like wash and wear hair and um no makeup. Yes... and I left the house that way too. I wasn't arrested or anything. We had an awesome, quiet, relaxing yummy dinner together. Look at how yummy it was...

Man I could go again right now just looking at that picture. This is the LaCarretta Sampler. You get a small order of nachos, a chicken quesadilla, a chicken burrito and a beef burrito and cheese sauce in the little cup there. It was and is YUM. Darrel had the same thing. We seem to alternate between this and the soft tacos. Although every time we are there they go walking by with someone else's meal and we're like ohhh what's that? That looks yummy. That was the reason we first ordered the sampler! Lisa says the shrimp and chicken quesadilla is especially good too. I have that on my list of things to try! I bet it's awesome because their chicken is awesome.
OK it is too late for blogging I think. I just had a whole conversation with myself and Darrel is currently busy laughing at me... I was re-reading my post thus far and was like "how do you spell aloud..." He's like what and in the time it took him to say that I realized and talked to myself that duh... its not aloud... its allowed and then told myself I was tired and was being stupid....
So let's talk about the layout. First, this layout is brought to you by our sponsor KIM! Kim is a friend who gave me the prima pink swirly pearly thingys. Aren't they pretty? I LOVE THEM. Thank you so much Kim!!! Hope you like what I did with them. I did this layout yesterday evening for LEO Challenge #2 at Willow Traders. Our challenge this round was to create a layout inspired by the color palette in this magazine Ad:

So how did I do? I am pleased with the results. I keep worrying... I know.. goofy... that all my layouts are just recycling the same design and ideas.. but guess what? Don't care. Really like how this came out. I am thinking this may be a new record of my personal best at how many layers of stuff I can cram on a page... I layered my papers, my photo mat, my flowers and even rubons with the pearl swirlys... So there you have it a new layering best. Maybe I should count them and submit them to Guinness or something? Bwa ha ha ha... I had some fun with the photo mat. Somewhere quite a while ago I saw a layout someone did where they had sewn around a paper and torn out the middle so the paper behind peeked out. I decided to give that a try on this layout. It gave me a headache for a minute or two trying to figure out how to do it but I think it came out pretty cool! After I had it all sewn together I decided it needed a little more color and poked the photo corners between the sewn layers. You might remember that Darrel took this picture of me on our trip to Nashville TN for my birthday. The photo was just a few hours before I actually turned 43 since I was born just after midnight so now when I see this picture I always think of it as the last few hours of being 42.... For whatever reason that made me want to do the layout. Lots of Prima on this page. I think all the flowers, including the sheer ones are Prima. The pearl swirls are Prima. The papers are a huge mix from Collage Press, Creative Imaginations, Jillibean Soup, and Crate Paper...
Well tune in later tomorrow and I hope to have some date day/night details for you. Before I can do that though we have to do the all important sleeping in and then tomorrows walking will include the annual campers yard sales that will be going on over at the park. That should be fun! I have 3 days left of vacation and I intend to enjoy every last moment! Blessings!
3 comments:
Dee:
Ok so you may get 2 messages from me. I can't seem to figure out if I am sending anything, it looks like I'm not then somehow you get 2 so I'm going to try to recreate the last message I just left so it may be somewhat of a duplicate. Here goes:
Love, love, love the layout. I would give you an A+ for whatever that's worth. It's Sat. am and looked and the LaCaretta pic and am thinking "OK, so what time do they open?" We really have to go together sometime soon! Ali's home this weekend and I'm loving it. Sounds like your vacation is wonderful. If it can't be a palm tree and a beach then what you are doing is the best for me anyway. Hope you like the zoo. Looking forward to today's post.
Love ya,
Your computer skill-compromised friend,
Lori
Ok, I'm really crazy, now at the top it says the last message was saved and will be visible to you. Now wondering if first one said that and I didn't see it. I'll try to pay more attention next time.
Your blog stalker
Lori
Oh, Deanna, I love how you used the pink Prima swirls! You are so talented! I knew the moment I saw them, that you would make a cool layout with them! And you did! Aww, and you made me a 'sponsor' of the page, sweet!
I am so behind in reading your Blog, so gotta go catch up! ~Kimmay
Post a Comment