
Oh behalf of ME! Here it is LEO Challenge #11.. This time the challenge was to sew on a layout. Now if you have been hanging around, you know that sewing is my new favorite thing! I was all over this one. Um I think I sewed everything that would hold still long enough. Bwa ha ha ha! Sewed the borders, the frame around the photo, the strips... and drum roll please... 2, yes two circles! I sewed two circles... Yes.. I am excited and thought the crowd should cheer or someone should appear with an award. Why? Um because last time I thought hey, no problem, I'll just sew a border around this shaped paper.... I found out in a hurry that I needed to run right back to learning how to sew in a semi straight line cause um sewing in a circle? NOT easy... So yes, I am very proud of my stitching on the two circles. You also may have noticed that its a PINK layout. Have you heard that I like pink? I thought I might have mentioned it. See at the crop on Saturday one of the things in my goodie bag was this vinyl "create" word that you see at the end of the title. That made me think of this picture of Lisa, Lori and I from the Crop For The Cure earlier this year. Well then last night as I was frantically unpacking my crop stuff... I came across this Heidi Swapp clock overlay... That made me think of crop time or time to crop.... then I realized it could be pink because of our Shabby Pink shirts.. plus it was the crop for the cure which was totally decked out in pink. So, I pulled like 4 kits and started pulling every piece of pink paper I could find. So this is a huge mix... Chocolate Chalet... I can't remember the mfg.. is the brown floral. Then there is Oct Afternoon in the polka dot and stripe. The pink graph paper is some old Love Elsie Chrsitmas. The background scallop and there is a little peek of notebook paper that are Pink Paislee. The glitter flowers were cut out of a sheet of pattern paper that was also in my crop goodie bag.
So in case you are counting... the current record now stands at 13 layouts created in the month of September. THIRTEEN! Yes I am happy about that. I have never done that many layouts in that amount of time EVER. Loving participating in this challenge... PLUS yesterday they did a drawing for all active particpants for a random prize... and guess what? I won!! Yay!! The crowd cheers again. Turns out too that my gift will be coming from The Scrapping Spot which is the club I used to design for! Very cool and thank you to Cathy and Jill for the prize. I'll be sure and share with you when it arrives. (be sure to check out the upcoming October kits at the spot too... Let me just say this... there will be PINK)
With that I must bid you goodnight. It is newsletter week at work and as usual... I am way behind. Lots to get done tomorrow so heading to bed. Hope you are having an awesome week!
1 comment:
great sewing, DEE!
Post a Comment