
So vacation day Friday we decided to head up to Indy. We had wanted to do some shopping, hit some restaurants and go to the zoo. Hadn't been to the Indy zoo before so we weren't sure how much time it would take and had thought we might need a shopping day and a zoo day. Since we weren't sure, we decided to head to the zoo first and then if we had time head to the mall and to dinner. If not, no biggie we'd just come back a 2nd day or head towards Louisiville.
The zoo was pretty good. We got there right at the time they were having the dolphin show so we headed for that. Last time we saw a dolphin show was at Brookfield Zoo in IL and that was long before we moved so I bet its been 10 years. The show was good but only lasted like 15 minutes. We enjoyed the rest of the zoo, but only needed about 2-3 hours to see everything. It was hot! It was making me wish we had headed to the beach for a last beach day before fall is upon us! Ha! Look what they had in the zoo gift shop.... PINK polar bears. Now a place can't be bad if it has pink bears don't you think?

We headed for Castleton Square Mall next and did a little shopping. We got an awesome deal at Bath & Body Works! They have all their fall line out now and I LOVE the Ginger Vanilla candle. They were 2 for $20 and then I had a coupon for a $15 home fragrance item free with a $20 purchase so I got the ceramic acorn candle free!

We also stopped at a shop called Julie. They have purses and jewelry and scarves, that kind of stuff. Very pretty shop. They had a cool pink chandelier but they wouldn't let me take a picture..... I can somewhat understand that but I asked her and she didn't tell me no till after I got out the camera. I pointed out I like wasn't taking a picture of their stuff or the whole store, just the chandelier... she told me I could google pictures of pink chandeliers on the Internet... I thought that was helpful. Anyway they had charms for my bracelet there and do you know what my husband did? He bought me two! This one and this one. I thought we were just getting one because he wanted me to have an "us" charm on my bracelet. Well he decided he was going to use his own spending money (we do a very small part in our monthly budget... and believe me we do follow a budget... for a small amount of spending money for each of us) for the one that says soul mate because he wanted that to be just from him. Yes... my mouth is still hanging open on that one. He is so awesome. I daily wonder why God blessed me so much with such an amazing man in my life.
After shopping we couldn't decide if we wanted to eat dinner at Stir Crazy or at Cheesecake Factory. We decided on Stir Crazy for dinner and Cheesecake factory for dessert! Great plan right?! Have you ever been to Stir Crazy? It is SO good and SO fun too! We started with an appetizer called Chicken Satay. Oh my gosh it was good... It had these chicken skewers and then an Asian slaw. The slaw was amazing not to mention the satay sauce.

Now with your silverware they give you a pair of chopsticks to use. I have never been able to get the hang of these things! Are there like remedial chopsticks using classes out there? I need to sign up. Darrel was getting cracked up at me and I was laughing and having a great deal of trouble keeping any food between the sticks... and that was when Darrel snapped this picture.

Let's not mention the goofy look on my face... I was laughing remember? Maybe I need to start with like keeping the chicken between the chopsticks before I try the slaw.. Did I mention the slaw part was good? Yes? Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss that...

Next it was time for the create your own stir fry part. You tell your waiter what meat you want and if you want white or brown rice or noodles. We went with the white rice yesterday. They give you a little wok looking bowl to fill and you head here to pick out what you want. I love this! You can like load up your bowl with broccoli if you want or a little of everything. They had a new addition yesterday... pineapple. For me, pineapple is on my list right below coconut... so I passed on that one. Darrel tried it and said it was really good with the chicken and he wished he had added more of it to his bowl.

Next you hand your bowl to the chef guy here and he makes your dinner in his wok. Darrel asked him if he could take his picture just in case you are wondering. He is cooking both of our dinners there. It is fun to watch them. They make it look so easy and then they hand you your plate fresh and steaming hot! Here was mine.

It was SO GOOD. I wish we had one in our area. I'd go there every week right after La Carretta! Ha! After dinner Darrel dropped me off at Archivers and he headed to Cheesecake Factory to pick up dessert. We decided to get carryout for home. I picked up a few fun things at Archivers like some new thickers! After that we headed out on the long drive home. It was a good ride though. I read the whole time and finished my book. I really enjoyed the book. The last several chapters were real page turners. I give it 2 thumbs up!
Today we walked over to the campground so we could meet up with my Mom and nieces and nephew and we walked around to the campers yard sales Things were kind of picked over at that point but we found a small arm chair that we had been wanting for our bedroom for $20. Not bad huh? It fits perfect! It was warm and humid enough we finished the day with a couple hours at the beach. The water was cold but we still had fun. I am guessing it may be the last beach day we get this year. I shall have to retire my suit to the drawer... sniff. sniff.. Loved my beach time this year.
So now Darrel grilled us some steaks on the grill, we had some dessert and we've watched a couple of movies. We have some other plans for the next two last days of vacation and want to enjoy every moment! I've got the next LEO challenge to work on. Round 3 challenge is to use a non scrapping item on your layout. I may have the perfect idea in mind. Remember Endless Shrimp date? Well I saved the skewers from our grilled teriyaki shrimp... Now wouldn't that be a cute layout. Endless Shrimp Date night layout complete with shrimp skewers? I ran them thru the dishwasher today so they should be all set.
Hope your holiday weekend is going awesome! Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment