Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That Was A Close One





















LEO Challenge #7.... I posted it today with like um 8 minutes to spare... I do not like pressure. Have I mentioned that? I hope not to do that to myself again. We had my Dad's birthday party last night so I stayed up way late to get started but that was OK because my day at home was switched to today because I have a work conference on Thursday. So up late... went to bed... popped back up and back at my layout. I had fun with this one. I love this picture of Darrel's Mom. This was from her 80th birthday party last year. I love the lighting with the candles on the cake. Our challenge this time was to use "stash" and we were required to use ribbon and/or buttons. "Stash" is scrapbook speak for supplies you've been hoarding or had sitting around for awhile. I pulled this old kit from 2007 that had Crate Paper Samantha in it. I also used a few sheets of paper from K & CO Life's Journey. For my button's and ribbon, I just kept seeing in my head lace with buttons on it. So I took my lace and sewed my ribbon to it... yes.. who knew you could actually sew things beside cardstock? Ha!! Then I gathered it using the tiny attacher. Have I mentioned I love that thing? Well I do! All the flowers were cut out of the patterned paper. Then I inked them to death and arranged them using some foam tape for some dimension. Actually I think I inked and sewed everything to death.. was wanting that vintagey feel again. So now on to challenge #8! Woo hoo!! I will be more than 1/2 way thru and man I never thought I'd truly make it past the first one or two!! This is too fun. I feel like a goof planning my life around a game here lately but again... its just been for fun and its got me scrapping and enjoying myself.

Now.. this picture is for all you people who think I never have a messy desk... Mark... Lisa... are you ready?













I was in such a hurry to finish today this is what my scrap table looked like when I was done... And yes... I promptly cleaned it up... well after I finally took some time to like eat and get out of my pj's... I know... its a scrapping sickness... look it even caused me to make a mess! bwa ha ha ha ha












This would be the second blowing out of the candles... See I tried to get the first one but between a dark room, a digi camera and um a Dad who blew them out quickly and unexpectedly I missed it. He had to blow them out quickly because they were like melting into the cake! We all met at the RV last night to celebrate Dad's 66th birthday. He is looking pretty good for 66 don't ya think?





















Yes that was Lindsay holding the birthday pie for him to blow out that candle. Cute huh?! We enjoyed some dessert together and sat around the fire for a short bit before everyone had to head home being a school night and all.

After the race to the finish on my layout there I got ready to go for my walk. The stinkin' scale is still just kind of sitting there staring at me making me NUTS... so I was frustrated and probably doing some whining to God or should I say praying asking what I need to do... are my priorities goofed up with this... am I doing the right thing... that kind of stuff. While I was walking a man stopped me by the front gate. He walked out to the road to talk to me. He said he saw me go by the other day but he had people on his deck and couldn't talk then. He said he told them that he used to see me go by so slow and that now I go by and that I was "picking them up and putting them down" and he just wanted to shake my hand and tell me good job. I smiled and laughed and thanked him. He was very nice. It was such a God thing and just what I needed. That sure perked up my step and I felt like I could have flown the rest of my route. I just might have.... I punched my nike+ just after I walked away from him and my pace was in the 15 min range which is like better than ever. That made me laugh and smile all over again. My whole 4 miles today took me 65:39 which is a pace of 16:18 per mile which is my best time EVER... Funny what a little encouragement can do.

Remember the Blogging for Books program I mentioned. I received my first book today, The Sound Of Sleigh Bells! Can't wait to get started, PLUS I was also given a book to give away to a blog reader!! Stay tuned for details on when/how you can do that. In the mean time if you are interested in the Waterbrook Multnomah Blogging for Books program click on the new graphic in the sidebar! I was also invited to do a fall book tour which will include 3 great books! Woo hoo!! I can just sit and read to my heart's content while swinging on my porch swing and enjoying the fall air!

Better go get started on LEO #8! Should have it posted for you by 3 PM Thursday which is the deadline. I also have to start packing for the Doodlebug Scrap Retreat! It starts Friday at 6 PM and goes to Sunday at 1 PM... I am SO EXCITED about that. Can't wait!! Hope you are having a blessed week!

No comments: