Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Quick Someone Call Guinness...






















OK it's late... I shouldn't be posting. I should be sleeping. Problem is... my night owl personality is even more goofed up than normal. See on vacation we did lots of staying up and sleeping in..... So I am soooo NOT tired at the moment. I went to bed like a good little girl last night so I could be up bright and early for work and go walk....set my alarm for 6:30... till it was 12:30, 1 AM... and we change the alarm to 7:00... then its 1:30... 2:00 and yes.... we changed the alarm to 7:30... Finally fell asleep after 2:00 and then woke up at 6:00... Fell back to sleep and then finally dragged myself out of bed by um 8:30.... I did make it to work though. Be very impressed...

So again.. I should be in bed right now. Instead here I am sharing yes, yet another layout with you! This has to be a new world record for me! I am serious. Someone call Guinness! 4 layouts and 3 cards in 8 days? I must be sick... Ha! I am not a fast scrapper people, remember? (OK once again dangerous to blog when its late... I just said I am a fast crapper.... bwa ha ha ha ha glad I caught that huh?) This is for LEO Challenge #4. The challenge was to use an OLD photo. I took that way literally and used these pics of my Dad from 1945. How cute is he? I love, love these pictures because they are my family and because they are standing in what is now my yard! I love that I can look out the window and see that spot! How cool is that? LOVE it.

I got home and headed out to walk. Did well and got 4 miles in! Did better with eating again today too. It felt good to be back on program after vacation. Came home and needed to clean up, have dinner, get laundry started and deal with the refrigerator...(more on that in a minute) and then finally got to start scrapping. Well it was after 8:30 by that point... I am a slow scrapper... This was making me feel stressed since the challenge deadline is noon tomorrow and I have to work in the morning. So in the middle of this layout I almost gave up. It was not coming together and I was hating it... So - I took a break. Got myself a diet Pepsi and a 4 point hostess cupcake and gave it another go and am pleased to announce I am happy with the result. Did lots of inking and sewing to age it. DO NOT look closely at the stitches OK.. I am still quite the beginner sewing person ( I was going to say sewer but um that just doesn't look right... bwa ha ha ha....). Turns out since I kind of wanted a shabby vintage look I think my messy stitches work! Please don't burst my bubble and tell me they don't. Ignorance is bliss right? I am also beginning to wonder if I am capable of making a layout without flowers, swirls or butterflies? They seem to be appearing often... Is that a bad thing? The cool little post card was something I picked up in an antique shop.

Last night at like 10:30 I got myself a diet mt dew and noticed hmmm it did not feel or taste all that cold... Started investigating and found out that our 8 year old refrigerator was NOT working. It was stinking warm in there! So now its like 11:30 pm and we are loading up laundry baskets full of fridge and freezer stuff to take it out to the old garage fridge. Thank the LORD for the old garage fridge or I don't know what we would have done! So now.. we try to get someone out for repair which turns out can't be till Friday. PRAYING it is repairable. Do NOT want to be buying a new fridge right now..

Ok - I've stalled long enough. Heading to bed now. Hear I go.. Promise... Hope you are having an awesome short work week!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, here I am trying this comment thing again. I absolutely love these last two lay outs. They should be kits! I immediately noticed the post card and thought wow how cool! Hope you get your days and nights straighted out better soon but like I'm a good one to talk since it is 0410. Have a good day.

Lori