
OK I have a question... does this only happen to me? Where do the letter stickers, punch outs, and strips of paper go when they disappear while you are scrapping? Is there a black hole somewhere? Are they with all the missing socks from the drier? This makes me crazy.... I am working away... I have my GREEN butterfly all stamped and cut out and inked and then its just gone. It's not on the table. It's not on the floor. It's not stuck to me somewhere. It's not under the 15 things I pick up that are on my table... Just gone. I think its a conspiracy to make me nuts.
Despite the missing green butterfly I managed to complete my 3 cards for the Willow Traders LEO prechallenge! You had to make 3 cards plus you have to send one to someone so you also had to post a picture of your addressed and stamped envelope. I am going to send the orange card to "Cards for Kate" which is a card drive Jennifer McGuire is doing on her blog. Kate is a little girl with brain cancer.

Here is a closer look. The scallop heart is punched from kraft card stock that has been inked on the edges and stamped with a Hero Arts Collage Stamp. The paper is from K & Co. Cut and Paste collection. The butterfly is also a Hero Arts stamp. Several of the stamps are sold out on 2peas. I've bought some of mine right from the Hero Arts web site too.

This one also used a Hero Arts Stamp for the grid/scroll design. Then I added an old dictionary page I got from Nora Griffin's Etsy shop The rest was just odds and ends from my stash including the vintage buttons which I think I picked up at Covered Bridge 2 years ago. They are in this great old ball canning jar that has a glass lid.

This was the first one I made and I had a heck of a time coming up with a design. I think I probably have 5 basic designs in my head and I just keep recycling them and kidding myself that it looks new and different! Ha!! Again the papers are from the K & Co Cut & Paste line. The butterfly punches are made with my Martha Stewart punch. The flower is prima and I've had it forever.... Sometimes cards are a good way to use up old supplies.
So that was a good 2 hours or more of vacation day 3. We were pretty lazy today. We slept in and Darrel made us some yummy waffles for breakfast. He is a good cook and often does breakfast for us. We went and walked and did 4.08 miles today. It was cool today because about 1/2 way thru we spotted my parents pulling up to shore in their boat. They are over at the RV and had been out fishing and Dad needed some live bait... ewwwww.. We just happened to be at the same place at the same time. That was fun. The rest of the afternoon was relaxing, reading, and ordering Chinese for dinner. It was YUM. We are thinking about doing some antiquing tomorrow if we manage to get ourselves out the door! Plus now that it will be Sept. 1st. the LEO Challenge officially begins. Remember LEO stands for Layout Every Other day.... I have never been that prolific of a scrapper so we shall see how far I get with this. Lots of the TSS girls are participating so that will be even more fun and will keep me motivated. The first challenge is up and its for a scraplift. I need to go read the rules again. I think I have 2 days to post.. Man the time limit had me moving this evening. Darrel was trying to figure why on earth I was in a hurry after completing my cards. Um because it was like 11:40 and I had to have them posted by 11:59 PM to meet the deadline.. Don't lose any sleep... I made it in time! Ha!

We interrupt this blog post for an important announcement - LOOK! The PUMPKIN SOAP DISPENSERS HAVE ARRIVED. Yes... I am shouting. I love the pumpkin soap dispensers from Bath & Body Works. I know.. something is seriously wrong with me that I get sooo stinkin' excited about um hand soap... but I love these little things. It's like the beginning of fall for me and you know I ADORE the fall. Seriously.. so getting my little pumpkin soap dispenser is like getting the Christmas Tree at Christmas... And OK, if you can handle more excitement... they have TWO different dispensers this year. Yes count them TWO. Look!!

The first one I showed you is their foaming hand soap and this one is the regular anti bacterial soap. Now how on earth am I suppose to choose? I probably need one of each don't you think? They even have a cute little pumpkin sponge.... I can't wait to see what the ceramic candle looks like for this year too... OK, lets all take a deep breath and try to calm down now... You may now return to your regularly scheduled blog post..
I am heading to bed people.. Antiquing and a yummy dinner somewhere await me tomorrow. I need to be rested up... Darrel would probably appreciate a non crabby vacation date...
1 comment:
These cards are gorgeous. Should definitely be in a magazine.
Melanie
Post a Comment